Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Architecture That Makes Your Jaw Drop


Don't you just love it when you see some architecture and your jaw literally drops when seeing it?  It's not just the shape or style that is awesome, it's also HOW it was created. 



On a recent trip to Houston I had some free time and was looking for some interesting architecture, up on my Google screen popped the BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir.  After seeing the website photos, I just knew I HAD to see it in person

A Mandir is a place for Hindu worship and prayer.  This amazing structure is made of Italian marble.  The marble was shipped to India to be carved and then sent to Houston to be put together into this awesome sight!

Enjoy these other snapshots.  Unfortunately photography is only allowed outside the Mandir. I'm sure you can imagine how beautiful it was inside though.....











Pretty spectacular right?






No comments:

Post a Comment